good reading makes
for good eating!
- "Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone" by Deborah Madison
A wonderful resource for vegetarians and anyone who enjoys good food. It's the first book I grab when searching for a recipe to make.
- "Essence of Chocolate" by John Scharffenberger and Robert Steinberg
Delicious and yummy recipes based around chocolate. This book includes a little education on how chocolate is made, and has gorgeous photos.
- "The Complete Canadian Living Cookbook" by Elizabeth Baird
An all rounder kind of recipe book with many basic standards, all tested in the Canadian Living kitchens. Everything I make from this book, turns out as expected. I appreciate that!
- "The Vegetarian Family Cookbook" by Nava Atlas
Just as it says, a handy book for vegetarians with younger children. Lots of nice family dishes from breakfast through dinner.
- "Jamie at Home" by Jamie Oliver
I love the way Jamie writes, as his passion for food and his fun side always come through. Lots of recipes inspired by Jamie's own garden.
- "Ready for Dessert: My Best Recipes" by David Lebovitz
This dessert book by Chez Panisse former pastry chef is a wonderful standard dessert book that never lets you down. From special birthdays, dinner parties or everyday wonderful cookies, David’s recipes read like they were written by an old friend. David also has an incredible food blog about his life in Paris, and if you have never read it, you must by clicking here now.